Music player DeaDBeeF has seen its first release in three years, with 1.8.0 being published. The previous release of 0.7.2 was updated with a vast number of changes including:
- Add support for the opus codec.
- Includes a ReplayGain scanner, and fixed ReplayGain in converter.
- Now supports tracks+cue files.
- Log window now available to show error information.
- Fixed loading of cover art from ID3v2.2 tags.
- Seeking error now resolved with musepack files.
- Drag-and-drop from DeaDBeeF to other applications now supported.
- Improved support for GTK theme colours.
A wide range of bug fixes have now also been applied with this release.
The large bump of the version number does not indicate any compatibility changes, but rather to signify that the software is no longer considered version 0 worthy.