The MATE Desktop Environment has seen a new release with the availability of 1.22. The release includes a large number of updates since the 1.20 release in February 2018:
- MATE panel updated to work with Wayland with updates to the display applet, time applet, and Wanda the Fish.
- Completion of porting a number of programs to Python 3.
- The caja file manager can display notifications for long-running processes.
- Tabs in pluma can now be changed via the keyboard or mouse scrolling.
- Calculator has been updated to support fifteen characters of accuracy, along with copy and paste improvements.
- Engrampa now supports a number of new archive formats.