Well known photo and video management software digiKam has reached a new major version with the release of 6.0.0. With the new release, the Qt-based software has some additional features including:
- Full support for managing video files (as with photo files).
- Support for decoding raw files from new cameras.
- Ability to manually reorganise the icon view contents.
- Import and export integration with LightTable, Image and Showfoto.
- Export functionality to Pinterest, OneDrive and Box.
A number of other features to note are the updates to the Exiv2 library, and the reintroduction of the Time-Adjust tool which allow quick-patching of time stamps.