Another release of emacs has been made available for download with the publication of version 26.2. This release including a few changes with three of the most prominent being:
- Modules can now be built outside the tree source.
- Full compliance with the 11.0 Unicode standard.
- In Dired, the ‘Z’ command on a directory name compresses all of the directories contents.
A number of other fixes and features have also been made available.
Terminal-based file manager nnn has been released, following quickly on from 2.3 twenty-nine days ago. The release includes some important changes such as:
- Improvements to make the application smaller and lighter.
- Now compliant from the FreeDesktop.org standard for trashing files.
- File and folder permissions now displayed in detailed mode.
- Copy and move progress bar now enabled on Linux.
- Reduced number of screen redraws and improved grace when resizing.
Also included are two new scripts which facilitate uploading to Imgur, and sending a selection to Android using the kdeconnect-cli application.
A new stable release of popular networking monitoring and logging tool Wireshark has been published, with the release of the 3.0.0 version. An array of changes have been made for this release such as:
- A number of user interface improvements and changes.
- Support for the Swedish and Ukrainian languages.
- Re-added and modernised the IP map feature.
- Reproducible builds are now being built.
The release also fixes a number of small bugs.
Popular compression software 7-zip has seen the release of version 19.00. The release includes two security fixes; the first which strengthens the encryption of archives using the 7zip format, and the second improves the random number generator. A number of other bug fixes are included since the previous 18.06 release.
The nnn command line file manager has seen the release of version 2.3, and with it a number of notable changes. Some of the main features include the ability to abort disk usage calculations, ability to use nnn as a file picker in association with picker.sh, and a version sort flag.
A user repository of scripts is now also provided, with the current list including scripts to upgrade the application, fuzzy finding of files for opening and editing, and copying a selection to the clipboard.
Nanonote 1.1.0 has arrived with a variety of changes including improvements to the handling of indentations of list items. URL detection has been developed to fix handling of characters such as +, ~, and %. Finally, Spanish and French translations have been added.
Wine has a new major version release with the availability of 4.0. Alongside over six thousand individual changes, the software comes with a number of key improvements including support for game controllers, Vulkan and Direct 3D 12 support, and support for high-DPI on Android.
Baku, a bookmark manager which is independent of any browser has reached version 4.1. Alongside a command line interface for browsing bookmarks, there are a number of other key features such as auto-import from Firefox, Chrome and Chromium, and open bookmarks in a browser. Another useful function is the ability to expand or collapse URLs from the Wayback Machine cache.
With the release of 4.1, there are fixes for a few security issues and a repair to the auto-import function from Firefox.
The first release of Nanonote has recently been made available, and 1.0.1 comes soon after. The application is a Qt-based program which focuses on short-lived notes and automatically saves anything typed. A number of shortcuts for indentation are included as well as the ability to customise the font face and font size used.
Peer to peer file synchronisation software Syncthing has reached the milestone of version 1.0.0. The release does not signify a breaking change from previous versions, however it is now no longer considered beta software. The few bug fixes and other issues come with some enhancements:
- Now has the ability to limit the number of simultaneous scans performed.
- Configured rate limits can now be viewed in the interface.
- Show list of locally changed files for receive only folders.