Version 6.1.0 of digiKam has followed closely from the 6.0.0 version which was published in February. The release includes over one hundred and thirty bug fixes, alongside some new features:
- Improvements to plugin interfaces.
- MacOS and AppImage bundles are now published with Qt 5.11.3.
- Add support for extra codecs XCF, FITS, and HEIC.
- Ability to sort items by modification date.
- New plugins to set image as wallpaper and copy to local storage.
Well known photo and video management software digiKam has reached a new major version with the release of 6.0.0. With the new release, the Qt-based software has some additional features including:
- Full support for managing video files (as with photo files).
- Support for decoding raw files from new cameras.
- Ability to manually reorganise the icon view contents.
- Import and export integration with LightTable, Image and Showfoto.
- Export functionality to Pinterest, OneDrive and Box.
A number of other features to note are the updates to the Exiv2 library, and the reintroduction of the Time-Adjust tool which allow quick-patching of time stamps.
Kdenlive 18.12.1 has made it to release, being the first dot release of the 18.12 series and incorporates a number of fixes and improvements to usability. Some of the key changes include:
- Resolved issue to capture audio when recording from screen or webcam.
- Fixed colour theming on AppImage.
- Keyframe imports now fixed.
- Removal of QtScript as this is no longer used.
- Corrected empty warning dialog when font is missing in project.
Septor, a new security-focused Linux distribution from Serbia has been released to the public. Building on top of Debian “Testing”, it ships with KDE Plasma as the desktop environment and features the usual standard applications such as LibreOffice, HexChat, Thunderbird, GIMP, and VLC. It also provides the latest Tor browser, file-sharing application OnionShare, and chat client Ricochet. The distribution features the ability to be run from live media or can be installed to machines, though only a 64-bit release is available.