Collaborative chat program Zulip Server has received a new major version release with version 2.0 now been available to download. The Apache-licensed software is similar to Slack and aimed at organisations with hundreds of users. With the release comes some new features such as:
- Automated synchronisation of user avatars, enabled/disabled status and custom profile fields from LDAP and Active Directory.
- Support for setting user as away.
- Additional video support with Zoom now available as a provider.
- Custom branding now able to be shown in the application window.
- Inclusion of a built-in tool for backups.
Ubuntu Trusty support has now been discontinued with this release with the 2.1.0 release due to remove support for installing on that version.
The guest users feature is now also no longer considered experimental.